Administrative Support Coordinator
The August Wilson African American Cultural Center is located at the gateway of the Cultural District of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Center, named for Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, and Pittsburgh native, August Wilson, showcases nationally and internationally renowned performing and visual artists, as well as supports and nurtures the burgeoning local arts community. This programming connects the entire community to the rich, substantive artistic content that reflects the African Diaspora.
The August Wilson African American Cultural Center offers multiple exhibition galleries, a 492-seat theater for performances in all genres, multipurpose spaces for classes, lectures and hands-on learning, community programs and events. The Center is housed in an iconic building designed by award winning architect, Alison Williams. Offering the community, a distinctive mix of cultural spaces as well as a rehearsal studio, sweeping walkways and ample community gathering and meeting spaces, this bold facility serves as a true “center,” a place of coming together where all manner of art, artistic expression and community conversation are welcomed and encouraged.
The Administrative Support Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for providing administrative and organizational support for the office of the President, plus a variety of the August Wilson African American Cultural Center (AWAACC) events, medium, and long-range projects. This position reports to the Vice President, Operations and Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the President’s calendar. Tasks includes, but is not limited to, scheduling meetings, preparing President of upcoming meetings, and following scheduling guidelines.
- Keep office operations running efficiently. Ordering office, kitchen, printing and other supplies.
- Assist with event planning operations including AWAACC Presents festivals and AWAACC rentals.
- Support Director Strategic Operations in pre-event details for artist requirements including the visual artists.
- Coordinate preparations for AWAACC Board meetings, advisory board meetings, etc. along with ensuring the set up and meeting space is ready, and supplies are available. Develop meeting minutes.
- Be proficient, or prepared to train in Tessitura, Mitel and additional software systems to assist with day-to-day operations.
- Checking general email and phone voicemail, as well as President’s voicemail and assign to appropriate team members in a timely manner.
- Manage the RSVP lists for upcoming events.
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures to assist in processing donations and acknowledgement letters.
- Willingness to carry out other tasks as needed to support the team and the AWAACC.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and assist others in using it
- Detail oriented
- Ability to ask for guidance while at the same time accepting constructive criticism
- Interact in a professional manner with customers, partners, and vendors
Education / Experience
- High level of organizational, administrative and communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- High level verbal, written and public presentation abilities a must.
- A minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience. Personal computer and word processing (Word, Excel, SharePoint) experience is necessary. Weekend and evening hours necessary depending on events.
August Wilson African America Cultural Center is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.