The August Wilson African American Cultural Center is located at the gateway of the Cultural District of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Center, named for Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, and Pittsburgh native, August Wilson, showcases nationally and internationally renowned performing and visual artists, as well as supports and nurtures the burgeoning local arts community. This programming connects the entire community to the rich, substantive artistic content that reflects the African Diaspora.
The August Wilson African American Cultural Center offers multiple exhibition galleries, a 492-seat theater for performances in all genres, multipurpose spaces for classes, lectures and hands-on learning, community programs and events. The Center is housed in an iconic building designed by award winning architect, Alison Williams. Offering the community, a distinctive mix of cultural spaces as well as a rehearsal studio, sweeping walkways and ample community gathering and meeting spaces, this bold facility serves as a true “center,” a place of coming together where all manner of art, artistic expression and community conversation are welcomed and encouraged.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the President/CEO and executive team to ensure they can efficiently accomplish key tasks and AWAACC initiatives. The position will keep the executive’s communications organized so that they can easily access the most important information without having to sort through low-priority items. The Executive Assistant will screen all visitors and determine what level of support they need while offering polite, professional customer service. The position will manage the President/CEO daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, confirming appointments, writing itineraries, and arranging for transportation. This is an in-office position Monday through Friday. FLSA: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records
- Organizing and prepare for meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, organizing documents, and organizing catering when necessary
- Answering phone calls in a polite and professional manner
- Welcoming visitors and identifying the purpose of their visit before directing them to the appropriate department.
- Managing the President/CEO’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Prioritize emails and respond when necessary
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Other duties as assigned
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Proactivity and self-direction
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Proficient in frequently used computer software and programs, such as Microsoft Office
- Certifications or completed coursework on administrative software is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in an Executive Administrator role
August Wilson African America Cultural Center is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.