FLSA: Contracted as soon as possible or by March 1,2023 – April 28, 2023
The August Wilson African American Cultural Center (AWAACC) is located at the gateway of the Cultural District of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Center, named for Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, and Pittsburgh native, August Wilson, showcases nationally and internationally renowned performing and visual artists, as well as supports and nurtures the burgeoning local arts community. This programming connects the entire community to the rich, substantive artistic content that reflects the African Diaspora.
The August Wilson African American Cultural Center offers multiple exhibition galleries, a 492-seat theater for performances in all genres, multipurpose spaces for classes, lectures and hands-on learning, community programs and events. The Center is housed in an iconic building designed by award winning architect, Alison Williams. Offering the community, a distinctive mix of cultural spaces as well as a rehearsal studio, sweeping walkways and ample community gathering and meeting spaces, this bold facility serves as a true “center,” a place of coming together where all manner of art, artistic expression and community conversation are welcomed and encouraged.
The AWAACC is seeking a hybrid line producer, local to Pittsburgh, PA, for an inaugural theatrical event series, Beyond the Red Door. Most prep work will take place remotely with in-person work for the events themselves.
- March 3rd, 2023 – one man show (load in/tech begins March 1st)
- April 26th, 2023 – one night event (load in/tech begins April 23rd)
*must be available for the full week of April event*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute vision of Curator and Producer through the management of the planning and logistics of all projects and deadlines
- Day of coordination of events (required)
- Oversee artist, collaborator, and departmental communication including but not limited to scheduling artistic/production/team meetings, note taking during meetings, executing on follow up action items, and ensuring team alignment as the projects progress
- Facilitate contracting process between AWAACC and all artists/scholars/speakers/additional staff
- Organize travel and accommodations with visiting artists/scholars/speakers/additional staff and AWAACC
- Participate in artistic and production meetings and any walkthroughs or rehearsals both online and in-person
- Talent and artistic collaborator research
- Scouting talent and collaborators as needed
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Extremely detail oriented
- In depth knowledge of theater producing process
- Availability to be in-person for both events
- Fluency in Microsoft Suite and Google Workspace
Position salary is $500/week
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Line Producer – LAST NAME”
August Wilson African America Cultural Center is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.