The August Wilson African American Cultural Center (AWAACC) is located at the gateway of the Cultural District of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Center, named for Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, and Pittsburgh native, August Wilson, showcases nationally and internationally renowned performing and visual artists, as well as supports and nurtures the burgeoning local arts community. This programming connects the entire community to the rich, substantive artistic content that reflects the African Diaspora. The August Wilson African American Cultural Center offers multiple exhibition galleries, a 492-seat theater for performances in all genres, multipurpose spaces for classes, lectures and hands-on learning, community programs and events. The Center is housed in an iconic building designed by award-winning architect, Alison Williams. Offering the community, a distinctive mix of cultural spaces as well as a rehearsal studio, sweeping walkways and ample community gathering and meeting spaces, this bold facility serves as a true “center,” a place of coming together where all manner of art, artistic expression and community conversation are welcomed and encouraged.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Exhibition Ticketing Associate will primarily be responsible for servicing ticket reservations and inquiries pertaining to the AWAACC’s upcoming permanent exhibition: The Writer’s Landscape. Ideally, the associate will manage the timed-ticketing reservations and any walk-up inquiries during the exhibition hours, along with additional sales for other AWAACC events. Providing excellent customer service, quick problem-solving, and cash handling skills are required, with experience in Tessitura preferred. Ability to focus in a fast-paced environment is required to be successful in this role at the August Wilson African American Cultural Center.
- Responding to patron inquiries in a polite and professional manner
- Learning and upholding the policies of the AWAACC while acting as a representative
- Transact sales in Tessitura in the approved manner, quickly and accurately
- Managing the daily exhibition reservations
- Working with Guest Services to ensure a supreme customer service experience
- Additional special assignments from the Ticketing and Patron Services Manager as needed
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Tessitura experience preferred
- Comfortable using computerized ticketing system, spreadsheet programs, and email
- Excellent attention to detail and confidence
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to promote the best interests of the organization while attending to customer concerns
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts
Contracted Salary: $18/hr
The August Wilson African America Cultural Center is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.