The August Wilson African American Cultural Center (AWAACC) is located at the gateway of the Cultural District of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Named for the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, and Pittsburgh native, August Wilson, the Center showcases nationally and internationally renowned performing and visual artists, as well as supports and nurtures the burgeoning local arts community. This programming connects the entire community to the rich, substantive artistic content that reflects the African Diaspora.
The AWAACC offers multiple exhibition galleries, a 492-seat theater for performances in all genres, multipurpose spaces for classes, lectures and hands-on learning, community programs and events. The Center is housed in an iconic building designed by award winning architect, Allison Williams.
The AWAACC needs an experienced Marketing Manager to develop the strategy for the next phase of development by spearhead brand campaigns and current and future strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops marketing plans, advertising/promotional campaigns for all AWAACC presentations. Creative sales professional experienced in show marketing
- Coordinates advertising buys with media outlets and works with designers to create marketing collateral. Collaborates with all departments to promote and develop results-oriented marketing plans
- Strategizes marketing for every AWAACC presentation; ticketed shows, visual arts, and free educational/community programs, as well as fundraising cultivation events. Develops plans for maximum exposure for all programing initiatives
- Manages website development, updates, and content management
- Oversees and assists with social media on all platforms, keeping AWAACC on cusp of online opportunities
- Manages festival marketing campaigns and social media
- Keeps AWAACC on the cusp of new marketing technologies, while retaining effective marketing techniques for variety of audiences
- Develops promotional events to maximize sales for AWAACC events
- Develop marketing partnerships within the community-at-large
- Manage budget by tracking expenditures, accruals, reporting, forecasting
- Represents the AWAACC at community and professional events
- Passionate about arts and culture
- Strong leadership and public speaking skills
- Able to work cooperatively and independently to achieve organizational goals
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Available to work nights, some holidays and weekends per the AWAACC season
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrates a history of successful project management
Education / Experience:
- BA degree in marketing, communications, or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of show marketing or performing arts sales, marketing strategy; excellent communications skills, both spoken and written, are essential; excellent computer skills necessary
- Proven track record in developing results oriented social media campaigns, has a positive online personal presence to best represent the organization.
- Able to multitask and be flexible. Embraces DEAI as a core value
August Wilson African American Cultural Center is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran statues or sexual orientation.